Welcome to the Mount Saint Sepulchre Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order.
Our fraternity meets on the third Sunday of the month unless announced otherwise. There will be no meeting in June or December. The next meeting will be on September 18. In October we have our annual Open House. Meetings are open only to members and those in formation.
- Read more about the Year of Mercy at the Vatican's official web site, as well as at mercyhour.org, a blog run by two Secular Franciscans.
- Remember always to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
- 15-May-2016 – After opening prayers, the fraternity took the extraordinary step of not holding its regular meeting: instead, we attended the Franciscan Monastery's Spring Fling luncheon. By doing so, the fraternity and its members provided financial and moral support to our hosts.
- 17-Apr-2016 – The new Minister, J. Patrick Enderson, introduced the new Council members, then led members in an energetic discussion of future directions the fraternity could take.
- 30-Mar-2016 – Deacon Tom Bello, OFS, former Region Minister and National Minister of the Secular Franciscan Order in the United States, embraced Sister Death on Mar 29 around 5:00 pm. Tom's wife, Judy, said he entered eternal life very peacefully, and she again thanked us for all the joy we brought to Tom by our love and prayers. Tom had been battling cancer for several years. The funeral is Saturday, April 2 at St. James Church in Falls Church, Virginia. See obituary for more details.
- 20-Mar-2016 – At the triannual local fraternity elections new Council members were elected. Congratulations to our new Council, shown left to right: J. Patrick Enderson, our new Minister; Chris Cropper, our new Vice Minister;Bill Richardson, our new Secretary; Gerda Biglin, our new Treasurer; and Larry Bleau, who was reelected Formation Director. A generous thank-you to our outgoing Council for all their service: Corky Hart (Minister), Bill Richardson (Vice Minister), Helene Hogan (Secretary), Brenda Nutt (Treasurer) and,Larry Bleau (Formation Director). Thanks also to DC Metro Area Regional Councillor Bob Longo, who conducted the elections.
- 21-Feb-2016 – There were two great presentations this month: one on Lectio Divina, a Catholic method pf prayer and meditation; and one on the Jubilee Year of Mercy. Thank you to Vicky and Mary Jo for inspiring and timely talks!
- 17-Feb-2016 – A supplement to the Feb Chimes with Articles from the General Consitutions as the pertain to the Fraternity Council and their duties is now available.
- 15-Feb-2016 – The February edition of Up To Now is now available. Back editions are available at the Region's web site.
- 28-Nov-2015 – The November edition of Up To Now is now available online.
- 25-Nov-2015 – A Franciscan perspective of Thanksgiving in this video.
- 15-Nov-2015 – Congratulations to our newly professed members: Ouida Morrison, Mary Okumu, George Ramsey, and Mildred Wray.
- 30-Oct-2015 – Eugene Sides, a longtime member, passed away today (full obituary). He was professed in 1993, served on Council, and retired to South Caroline several years ago with his wife, Annagret, who passed away earlier this year.
- 25-Oct-2015 – The August edition of Up To Now is now available online.
- 18-Oct-2015 – Vicky gave a presentation on the life of St. Clare and her spirituality. Bill Richardson asked for members to share their thoughts and ideas.
- 6-Oct-2015 – Friar Roger Petras, OFM, passed away. His funeral will be held on Friday, Oct 16, at 10am at the Monastery, with viewings at 9am that day as well as 4pm-6pm on Oct 15.
- 20-Sep-2015 – Larry Bleau gave a presentation on Sacred Tradition, which was followed by a lively discussion.
- 4-Sep-2015 – Newly available: a Study Guide for Laudato Si (in pdf format)
- 16-Aug-2015 – Bill Richardson led members in an initial discussion of Laudato Si, the recent encyclical by Pope Francis.